About Us

 

History of First Missouri Bank

First Missouri Bank has its origin in the depths of the Great Depression when in 1934 the Brookfield Federal Savings and Loan Association was organized under the Federal Home Owner’s Act of 1933. The community leaders of that time, headed by F.X. Devoy, our first president, along with the support of forty-three subscribers formed the organization with capital of $2,502.00.

Some of the early board members included F.X. Devoy, Paul M. Devoy. Charles Tooey, C.W. Green, Al Winkels, Jean Paul Devoy, Dr. C.W. Cleveland, Raymond Cummings, William C. Hines, and Robert S. Dorsey. These founders committed themselves to meeting the financial needs of the community and made real, personalized customer service the top priority. Now, nearly 85 years later, this commitment remains the cornerstone of our business.

In 1962, the then Brookfield Federal Savings and Loan Association relocated from its original location at 106 N. Main in Brookfield to 112 E. Brooks Street and management was transferred to Gerald (Gerry) Elson who assumed the positions of President and Chairman of the Board.

In 1986, the institution changed its name to First Missouri Federal Savings and Loan.

In 1989, we relocated to a brand new headquarters at 300 W. Lockling where we are still located today.

In April of 1994, First Missouri Federal Savings and Loan celebrated its 60th year operating under a mutual thrift charter. That year, having grown to $40 million in assets, the company also became one of the first financial companies in the United States to complete a mutual to stock conversion along with a simultaneous change to a national bank charter. When the stock offering to account holders was complete, our community oriented institution had become First Missouri National Bank.

In April 2005 First Missouri Bank opened a new division, First Missouri Lending in Kearney, Missouri. First Missouri Lending was a loan production office emphasizing home loans, but with a wide variety of loan programs, low lender fees, and aggressively low interest rates.

In 2006, First Missouri reached another milestone when it opened its first full service branch in Kearney, Missouri. In March 2014 the home loan division ceased to exist and all operations are now handled out of the Kearney branch.

In 2008, the bank reached $100 million in assets and continued to be a leading lender for homes and farms in North Missouri.

In December 2012, First Missouri acquired the Citizens Bank of Blythedale with three locations in Northwest Missouri. In November 2014 a new bank facility was constructed in Eagleville to consolidate two of these branches and provide our customers with locations in both Eagleville and Ridgeway.

In July of 2013 the bank opened another branch in North Kansas City, Missouri.

First Missouri Bank is truly a “community bank” focused on serving the financial needs of the communities we call home. We are proud of our long history of responding to the financial needs of our community and look forward to continuing to do so in the future.

You are now leaving First Missouri Bank’s web site.

The link you have selected is located on an outside website. Please click OK to leave the bank’s site and proceed to the selected, non-bank controlled site.

You will be redirected to

Click the link above to continue or CANCEL